Flavorful, comforting, and the perfect rain/snow day meal.
1 butternut squash, gutted, peeled, and diced into small chunks
1 pound vegan ground – we used Beyond Meat
2 cups corn
1/4 cup plant milk
2 cloves minced garlic
1 Tbsp chili powder (total)
2 Tbsp vegan butter
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground clove
salt & pepper
– Boil a small pot of water for the butternut squash. Once water is boiling, season water with salt (about 1 Tbsp) and add prepared butternut squash. Cook for about 10 – 15 minutes or until you are able to pierce a fork easily through a piece of squash.
– As squash is cooking preheat the oven to 400°.
– In a pan cook your vegan ground according to the package and add the minced garlic, ground clove, 2 tsp chili powder, and about 1 tsp ground pepper.
– Once the butternut squash is cooked, drain and add squash to a bowl. Add butter, plant milk, 1 tsp chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper for seasoning. With an electric mixer (or potato masher) mix/mash the butternut squash until you have a mashed potatoes consistency, add more plant milk if needed.
– In a baking dish, add a base layer of corn, then add your cooked vegan ground, lastly top with mashed butternut squash. Cook in oven for about 30 minutes or until top starts to brown.
– Once cooked, remove from oven, let cool, and enjoy!