Cheesy Alfredo with bold, citrus asparagus. An abundance of veggies, with all the deliciousness!
1 medium head Cauliflower, chopped
1 White Onion
4 cloves minced Garlic
2 cup Vegetable Broth
1 block vegan Parmesan, grated – I recommend Violife cheese
1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast
Juice from 1 lemon
1 tbsp Ground Black Pepper
2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 cup Plant Milk
Pasta of choice
1 bunch of Asparagus
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1 tsp Chile Lime seasoning – I recommend Trader Joe’s
1 tsp Garlic Powder
Olive Oil for cooking
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
– In a large pot, boil water for pasta.
– In a medium saucepan steam cauliflower, onion, garlic, in vegetable broth. Cook on medium-high for about 8-10 minutes covered.
– Once vegetables are are tender, add to a blender, add remaining sauce ingredients. Blend until creamy, add more plant milk if desired.
– Season pasta water with salt once boiling. Cook pasta according to instructions.
– Toss asparagus with seasonings and olive oil. Bake for about 7 -10 minutes.
– Once pasta is cooked, drain and set aside.
– Once asparagus is tender, plate pasta, add sauce, top with asparagus. Add hemp seeds and nutritional yeast if desired.