This is one of my favorite dishes to bring to Thanksgiving dinner. The cheesy taste you crave with the comfort of butternut squash. This dish is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
1 Butternut Squash
1 White Onion – diced
1 cup Vegetable Broth
1 cup Plant Milk (I used Coconut milk)
1 cup Vegan Cheddar Cheese (I used Daiya)
1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast
4 Cloves Garlic – minced
2 tsp Salt and Pepper
– In a large sauce pan on medium heat, sauté onions and garlic with olive oil.
– Cut butternut squash in half and remove seeds and guts. Cut into strips and cut skin off. Dice squash into cubes and add to pan with onions are garlic.
– Add vegetable broth to pan.
– Squash will cook in about 10 minutes, stir frequently. If needed, add more vegetable broth.
– Boil water for pasta and cook according to package.
– Once squash is softened, add remaining ingredients to a blender.
– Blend until creamy. Add to cooked pasta and stir.